
This is what you will hear if you spend any time around me or the boys for the next few weeks. It is our daily chant. Sometimes we bust out with it at awkward times. Elijah usually starts it ... and much too loudly. Yesterday we YELLED it in the car all the way from Main Street to the 6th Street softball complex. But I will never "hush" it because I need it right now. It's usually at this point in February that my spririt has had enough of winter & any sign or glimmer of Spring is enough to give me hope for the day. Sometimes I think that I simply can not hold on any longer ... I just need some 70 degree weather & short sleeves. A long walk outside with the strollers & a trip to the park. Fruit salad. Sidewalk chalk. Flowers. Anything!
Here are some signs that have had more than a little bit of impact on my last few days ...
I heard birds singing outside my window yesterday morning. I felt badly for them because it was so cold. But thanked God for their hopeful song.
WalMart put out Easter stuff. Too early, yes. But pretty & needed in this dreary month. I almost bought some random bunny stuff that I don't even like. Then I came to my senses & realized that I'm delirious.
I saw a commercial for March Madness. Let's go dancing, Hawks!
I have a Spring garden growing in a small pot by the window in our office. Today 3 yellow tulips bloomed.
I started getting decorations & party favors for Clara LuLu's birthday party. I needed something to keep me looking towards March.
Today is Febraury 15 (Carol's birthday!) and that means that February is only down hill from here.
It is now 5:35 p.m. and I can still see the house across the street. More & more hours of sunshine every day! HOORAY!
God couldn't have given me a more perfect birthday. March 21 is the most glorious day EVER.
COMMON SPRING!
No comments:
Post a Comment