Tuesday, January 30, 2007

stairs, Spiderman, streaks, salmon & snoozing


New stuff for everyone in our family this week:

Clara learned to crawl up the stairs. I found her 1/2 way up the second flight of stairs before I realized she had this new talent. Thank you, God, that she also has the talents of balance & screaming for Mommy. Yikes.

Elijah went potty in the 'big boy potty'. He now wears Spiderman ("NaNa") 'big boy pants' for 13 hours each day & a diaper for 11 hours each day (sleeping time). Every time he has an accident, he stands with his legs as far apart as they can possibly go & starts crying/yelling, "I'm dirty!"

Samuel is learning to help with household chores. And this week he learned how to make his bed. I don't think he'll break Matthew's streak anytime soon of making his bed everyday for, what ... 28 years? But he's got a good start.

Amanda tried salmon for the first time (see first post). It was actually pretty good. We instituted "Salmon Saturday or Sunday" at our house. Every weekend we are going to have salmon at least once. On Saturday, we had baked salmon, herb rice & green beans. And Oreos for dessert.

And Gregor ... he fell asleep before Amanda 2 times this week. While Greg snoozed, Amanda finished episodes of CSI & Mythbusters. Crazy! In all fairness, he has been a little under the weather (surprise, surprise .. we're still in the month of January 2007!)

Oh, and Linus. He found a new favorite sleeping place. There is an old, orange chair in Greg & Amanda's room that faces a sunny, southern window. He drags small stuff animals & blankets onto the chair & sleeps forever. What a life.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I ever visit on a "Salmon Saturday or Sunday" it better turn into a "Pizza Saturday or Sunday"...Stevie B

Anonymous said...

Yeah, what you said!

Amanda said...

Point noted. I hope you like salmon on your pizza.

Deb said...

Elijah is using the potty! That's amazing. It seems to me he should win the accomplishment prize for the week.

Anonymous said...

Touche!

Paigery said...

I told my friend JT that Samuel asked Jesus into his heart and our mutual friend Julia overheard and cried, "I want to ask Jesus into MY heart!" We're talking soon, super cool!!

Yay for trying salmon! I tried shrimp TWICE on tour. Not recommended.

Deb said...

I miss posts from Stroid...*sigh*