Thursday, October 4, 2007

Is this REALLY a new post from Amanda?!

I know it's been a LOOOOONG time since my last entry. Sorry about that. I finally just decided tonight that if I don't make myself STOP & write something, I won't EVER get it done. Life just keeps going & I need to train myself to take a few moments every once & awhile to take a small break & do something like this. Even just 5 minutes for some quick updates ...

Samuel & Elijah are delights & super excited about dressing up for Halloween. After MUCH deliberation about what to be, Samuel has decided to be The Flash (Justice League) and Elijah will be Captain America (The Avengers). Praise the Lord for Target ... I am not a 'sew-from-scratch costume' mom!

Samuel can also read like crazy! Today he read a whole book to me. It's a libray book called The Pumpkin Man. It's amazing. He can sound out almost any word. I'm so proud of him. And he's SO PROUD of himself. Elijah wants to read too, of course.

Clara is getting more girly every day. She LOVES dressing herself in whatever she can get her hands on. Today I found her in Elijah's undies, Greg's shoes, my headband & her own shirt ... but hiked all the way up to her shoulders. I wish I had film in my camera! Her main loves are shoes ... any shoes, "Melmo" (Elmo), "bean" (her blanket), and books, books, books!

We love our new home. I wish I had a digital camera so that I could show pictures of us in our new home. Maybe we'll have to put that on our Christmas wish list. You know it's really home when the following have happened (and they have!): someone has thrown up on the carpet, a repair man has come to fix something, you've had a few unplanned gatherings of friends & family, and you commonly refer to parts of your home as The Batcave, Linus' room, and The Hiding Place. Thank you, Lord, for our home. We recognize it as a gift from you.

Here are some of the activities that I've taken on since I last wrote: I am teaching the Women's Sunday School class now. We are studying Women of the Bible & it's going really well. I've also accepted the invitation to speak at our ladies Christmas event in December. I am tutoring 3 students in reading & math. I just accepted a part-time job at the Y. I'll be working 2 evenings each week, 4-8 p.m. And every 4th Saturday, 7 a.m. - noon.

We also have a new kitty. His name is Rerun. He is a sweet kitty & we are glad to have him, but we miss Ruby. I will write about Ruby soon ...

Those are the Roush updates. I just realized that I didn't write about Gregor. Gregor is ... (I'm asking him what to write) ... "going downstairs to watch The Daily Show with John Stewart & eat jelly beans & drink coffee with his Scientic American magaine that came in the mail today." Whew! Enjoy, Gregor.

6 comments:

Paigery said...

yay! part time job?? double yay! hey, let's play "find the spelling error in sissy's blog". ready set GO!

Amanda said...

AUGH! I have already corrected it. Search no more, loved ones. Good eye, Paiger.

Liz said...

Yea! A new blog! I loved reading about the boys and Clara! I'm so glad Sam is reading! Maybe I can write him a letter from New Jersey! Next blog I want to hear more about little 'lijah! :) Thanks for the good read Amanda!

Deb said...

Yes! I'm writing Sam a letter too! Good idea, Liz! Paige, you better write one too, just so Sam doesn't think you're the only one that forgot him. Hey, let's not leave Elijah out! Sam can read his letters to him. Oh yeah, Greg will get jealous, so we should write him too...if we have to.

Amanda said...

Wow, Sam would be so excited to get letters from his aunts! Actually, he is the one that goes to the mailbox every day before lunch to get the mail. Imagine how exctied he would be to see letter addressed to him! He is like me, one of the best parts of the whole day is getting the mail. We talk about how much we look forward to it. And today was sad because mail does not come on Columbus Day ... ???

Paigery said...

i'm in.