Sunday, June 10, 2007

So we bought a house today ...


Do you recognize it?

11 comments:

Deb said...

This looks like the house next door. During its finer years it was home to the Baltes'. Am I right?

Deb said...

Whoa! I just read the title of the entry. You bought a house!!!??? You bought the house next door to MOM???? What????

Amanda said...

We did! I know ... it's crazy. We'll fill you in on the whole story when you get to M'town. But the fact that it even happend is TOTALLY God. It was one of those things where everything went just perfectally & to deny that God's hand was directing us would have been foolish. We weren't looking. We certainly weren't looking to move next door to family! But God was in it every step of the way & we literally followed Him right through the door. It's so cool to see God work in such clear ways. More later ...

We're homeowners! AHH!

Paigery said...

WHAT?!?!?!? You're living NEXT DOOR to grandma???? That's SO AWESOME! WHY am I moving so far away?!??!?!

Amanda said...

You should stay, Paige. : )

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe this! When Greg said in an email today that we were having a last blast on State Street, I had no idea what he was talking about--but now I see! This is so cool! I can't even begin to say how exciting this news is! How awesome! Congratulations!

Deb said...

I know! I'm pumped too! Why do I live in Sioux City when people are starting to live next door to each other???

Paige: you need to promise to not stay in CA forever.

Amanda said...

Today I talked to Kenn Vinson about this & he was more excited about this than I've ever seen him before in my whole life. It was nice. Yay for Ken.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about Kenn. I saw him today...can't say where (but you all know where I work) and he said, "so that's exciting news..." (I thought he was talking about my pregnancy) I said "I know!" Kenn: "...about your sister moving in next door!" Me: "Oh, yeah, that's really cool!" Kenn: "I talked to them last night because they came over to take their walk in a quieter area, and they told me. It will be good to have kids running around the neighborhood again." So, just to let you know, Kenn is still reeling from the news! :)

Paigery said...

i bet he was was so excited that that's why he had to go to your place of business!

Amanda said...

hahaha!